Sunday, 30 November 2008





















I guess its not fair to brag up ole Poco when right beside her lays THE CHIEF, naturally thats what we call him whereas the official name is Mount Padre.

It means Mount Partridge but he so looks like an Indian chief and when it snows and fills all the cracks and crannies in his head it looks like he wears a head dress.

See his chin, nose and eye sockets.

He is a quiet majestic man!
He looks over us and gives us shadows that come in and out like the tide.

Once we saw lightening hit the top of him and cause a landslide of big boulders, rocks and gravel. It landed on top of a small glacier (over to the bowl on the left side of the picture) and after a few years that glacier melted from the heat under all the landslide.

When the snow melts in the spring he has big tears rolling down his face.

Oh right now I am in Costa Rica doing this blog and when I see the pictures of my mtns my guts churn abit and I am getting homesick. I have been away from home for one month now

No comments: